Milton Sports Centre CHP
Combined Heat, Power, Cooling and Emergency Back-up
190,000 ft2, 4 pad arena
- Designated PERC (Primary Emergency Response Centre)
- Need for heating, cooling and power during extended electrical grid outages.
- Aging Equipment – need for capital equipment replacement and/or upgrade.
- Undersized Equipment – Cooling capacity inadequate to meet PERC needs during the summer.
- Antiquated controls.
- Significant utility costs
- 500 kW of CHP Generators, with back-up capabilities
- 200 kW of Back-up Generators, with peaking capabilities
- 2×100 ton Absorption Chillers
- Building Automation to actively manage loads to meet generator capabilities
- Containerized Mechanical/Electrical solution.
- $211,000/year in utility cost savings